Tuesday, September 1, 2009

My mom is wearing off on me!

I tried it.

I cooked.

Yep, SHOCKER isn't it?!

And I'm going to... admit that I kinda liked it.

I must be my mother's daughter.

I think there's a difference between cooking for just myself and cooking for other people. I don't really care much about cooking something special when it's just me eating. But when I make something for someone else, it HAS to be good. I actually have to put forth some effort and TRY to make it appetizing.

My only mishap to date is I overcooked some biscuits. But, in my defense... they were the cheapo, 49 cent off brand kind that you basically have to WATCH bake because they cook so fast. I know pre-made biscuits isn't the greatest endeavor, but it's a start! I don't want to bite off more than I can chew right at the beginning.

So, what I need now is EASY dinner ideas. All you homemakers out there (and Chase) lay them on me in the comments section!

Much appreciated.

To be perfectly honest, cooking scares me. I'm afraid of doing something wrong.

This will be a work in progress.

3 comments:

  1. I have an idea for you. Roast a whole chicken. Stop laughing, I'm serious. Even though you are cooking for just yourself, once the chicken it nice and roasted, you can freeze the rest of the meat and use it for whatever you want in the future. I used to do it all the time. I believe in you Whitney.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Whit... you make me proud! You've got the book, so go for it! Chase is right - a whole chicken will make you feel like Betty Crocker (and bring your neighbors running) You can't fool anyone - you know how to make killer mashed potatoes too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whit - you should get a crock pot (remember how I got mine on Black Friday last year?? haha)...you can make really awesome meals and it's a snap!

    ReplyDelete