Saturday, May 30, 2009

Piano Keys and S&P

My roommate and best friend, Celeste, is a master at the piano. So, when she inherited a piano she was so excited to move it into our apartment.

Let me tell you, moving a piano is a great way to make some friends. We recruited a few guys that live in our complex to help carry it up a flight of stairs. We were making cookies for a week trying to make it up to them!




On the top of the piano there is a mirror. It adds a nice little touch and an artistic feel to an otherwise, ordinary upright piano.



A little known fact that only a few people know about me is that I have a salt and pepper shaker collection. It's quite small, only consisting of about 20 sets of shakers.

Anyway, how do salt and pepper shakers and pianos relate to each other? I put my shakers above the piano. It's the perfect place to display them. And, it gives our apartment a more homey feel.

3 comments:

  1. Whitney were the guys Available? Cute? You have a great collection of S&P shakers, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whit - I love your Salt and Pepper shakers!! We've started collecting a few, too. And my mom collects them!! I didn't realize it was so common. I'm glad Celeste inherited a piano!! She was probably way way excited...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss seeing those little pairs on your shelf... But most of all, I miss seeing YOU! Take care of yourself...

    ReplyDelete