Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Templates

I hate blogger... it doesn't let me do what I want without getting overly frustrated.

As you've maybe noticed in the past few weeks, the background on my blog has been white for quite some time. I wanted to find a template that was like the "dark dots" template, but one that would allow me to do a header across the top, not just in the sidebar.

I googled my problem and came up with many "blogging experts" that showed step by step instructions on how to do what I wanted. Perfect, right?! No. I did every step, exactly the way it said to, and I still came up with error messages every time I tried to save it.

After spending several hours squinting at the computer screen editing HTML code I hardly know how to read, I found my current background. That's the simplest and darkest one I could find.

I'm still not entirely happy with it, but I'm sick of getting frustrated over it.

Maybe when I'm more of an expert in HTML I can manipulate it with more ease and less frustration.

In one of my classes I'm learning Dreamweaver and I really like it! I'm thinking about investing in the Adobe Suite... just what I need, one more thing to waste my time on and get frustrated over when it doesn't do what I want it to.

3 comments:

  1. I really like your background Whitney - someday you will have to teach me all the tricks you have learned with blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your header photo Whitney - it is so "Logan"... (Did you take that out your window on a typical gray day?) I like your background - it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think my problem is that I don't understand this blogger thing one little bit. Haha.

    ReplyDelete