Monday, February 23, 2009

Contemplating My Future

It’s so interesting to think of where I’ll end up in the future… I don’t know a whole lot about what my future is going to be like (obviously, because I haven’t lived it yet!), but I do know some things.


I know that I’ll be at Utah State for the next two years.
I know that I could be married by the time I graduate.
I know that I could still be single when I graduate.
I know that I want to travel and experience things I’ve never experienced before.
But, the most important thing I do know is that things will always be changing in my life and they won’t be the same as what I’ve gotten used to.

I could be a photojournalist for the National Geographic traveling to exotic places all around the world. I could be a copy editor at a newspaper in a quiet, small town nobody has ever heard of. I could be a web designer for a high profile company. I could be a camera operator at a local news station. I could start my own photography business and pursue the course of portrait and wedding photography. I could put to use my multimedia skills and design advertising campaigns. Or, I could be a counselor/psychiatrist for troubled teenagers. I could be working at a bookstore, soaking in all the knowledge available to gain. I could be a wedding planner, helping to make a bride’s wedding day the most important in her life. The list could go on and on. There are so many paths that would be so amazing to experience.

It’s overwhelming to think that there are so many different roads I could take. What’s going to happen? Where am I going to end up? But, the most amazing part is, I get to CHOOSE where I go. I have control over what I experience in life. Sometimes, it feels like it would be easier for my life to be all planned out and for someone to tell me which road to take. But, I know that that’s not how this life is supposed to be. I know that I’m here to choose what I’m going to experience and where I’m going to be in the end.

The important thing for me to remember is that in the end, I know where I’m going to be because I know what I want, and I know how to get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment