Saturday, February 28, 2009

My new love... Food Photography

The best thing to satisfy hunger that is cheap, easy, tasty, fast, and not healthy is No Bake Cookies. We decided to make these after we got back from our photo shoot in the canyon today and I just so happened to have my camera. I had way too much fun playing around with different settings and white balance and turning on and off lights in our kitchen. I'm sure Sara appreciated me getting in her way while she was trying to make these this afternoon.


This photo is a little too dark, but I like it anyway. When Sara opened the cocoa powder it exploded all over the stove and counter. I missed it, but I definitely saw the result of it!


This picture is blurry, but I love it anyway! The chocolate concoction was bubbling and the blurry effect just makes it an interesting shot.


This is probably my favorite picture out of the "No Bake" series! I love taking pictures of cool textures. The cocoa powder on the tinfoil and the burner is a different, but cool combination.


Just a shot of the mixture before dropping it onto the cookie sheet!


Can you tell I like different angles?


Whisks are fun to play around with... and measuring cups.

My mom is interested in learning more about photographing food. I'm excited to go home and play around with different lighting and different foods. Maybe someday she'll be a famous chef and I'll be a famous food photographer. That would be the best job ever!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE these pictures (I can almost SMELL the cookies and cocoa. MMMM....) My kitchen is waiting - and I'm excited to see what you can come up with! YES - I think that would be the best job ever. So get started on your food photography venture (and I'll try to get better at the cooking part - I just can't guarantee the "famous" part...)

    ReplyDelete