Friday, February 20, 2009

Favorite Photo Blogs

I wanted to share some of my favorite photo blogs I follow on a daily basis. I would suggest subscribing to their feed because their work is definitely something to look forward to seeing every day.

The one I admire most is "The Pioneer Woman" or Ree Drummond, from "the middle of nowhere".


The Pioneer Woman

Her blog is full of amazing photos, of EVERYTHING imaginable. She lives on a cattle ranch surrounded by beautiful country, no wonder her pictures are gorgeous. Somehow, through composition and Photoshop manipulation, she's even able to make a cow getting branded look beautiful! Another reason why I love her is because she gives step by step instructions with screen shots on common Photoshop techniques. Someday when I actually have the money to buy Photoshop and the right computer to run it on I'll be an expert in Photoshop!

Dustin Izatt is a wedding photographer from the Salt Lake Valley.


Dustin Izatt Photography

If I were ever going to be a wedding photographer I would want to be like him. He does "some of the hottest wedding photography in Utah" (his words). One thing I love about him is that he understands the importance of natural light. All his photos are composed with a good use of natural light, which makes the photo that much more interesting. I would love for him to do my wedding- we'll see if he fits in my budget if/when I get married!

Lindsey Johnson from Utah County reminds me a little bit of The Pioneer Woman.


Cafe Johnsonia

She mainly focuses on food and cooking, but photographing her food and cooking skills is definitely part of her passion. I don't know how she makes the food look so good in the photographs... the most amazing part is that she uses all natural light and no tripod! How does she do it?! If I were to try that all my pictures would turn out blurry because my hands would be shaking too much to keep the camera steady.

These three blogs are just a sampling of the photography blogs I "stalk". I love looking at other people's work. When I see something I like, I try to duplicate it and adapt it in my own way. Being like someone I admire is something I strive for, even though it can be challenging in the expansive and ever changing world of photography. But that's what makes it fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment