Monday, February 9, 2009

Sugar overload...

You know when you wake up and it feels like you've been squinting all night long while sleeping? Yeah, I had that feeling this morning. My whole body seemed to hurt, my head especially. I blame it on the mass amounts of sugar that came into my field of vision and I couldn't stop eating this weekend. Friday I went grocery shopping. I hadn't been shopping since Christmas break so now my shelf is practically overflowing. It was also Sara's birthday which included carrot cake with mass amounts of gooey frosting and ice cream. Add sleeping on the floor on top of that cake and you'll hurt all over the next day.

But it doesn't stop there. The old chicken we found while cleaning out the freezer inspired us to have a huge roommate dinner on Sunday complete with blue raspberry jello(with fish!), soda(in the cool bottles), squeeze-its(remember elementary school?!), and "Better Than...Sacrament" cake(this cake has a whole jar of caramel soaked into it with butterscotch chips and cool whip on top!). Last night the home teachers came over with a S'more dessert brownie thing for Sara's birthday. And THEN my mom sent me a whole box of food with all the leftovers in her fridge, teddy grahams, skittles, and a whole bag of oatmeal raisin chocolate chip cookies(the home made kind!). I'm done for.

Those are the reasons for my mass headache this morning. Thanks for having such a huge effect on me Sugar. I feel like a little kid again on Halloween after my mom told me not to eat so much candy all at once. But this time I'm not Princess Jasmine, and my mom didn't tell me not to eat so much. I'm all alone and all my self control flies out the window when it comes to sugar. Now I can't eat my cookies until my headache goes away.

I'm going to the gym after classes today. That's a surprise... they gym isn't really my thing. And all I want to eat is baby carrots. Healthy food actually sounds GOOD?!

1 comment:

  1. Whooooa Whitney... I didn't realize the effect my box of food had on you! Feast or famine, right? Enjoy the plethora of sugar, because abundance is always followed by shortages. Hope your headache subsided and the healthy food choices made a difference!

    ReplyDelete