Thursday, March 19, 2009

Candy from Grandpa Petersen's

I'm full of old memories tonight...

Do you remember the strawberry candies that had a soft center?

My Grandpa Petersen always gave these to us when we came to visit on Sunday nights.

They were my favorite because the wrapper looked like a strawberry with a green, twisted top and a red bottom with little seeds.



The best thing about them though was the center.

It would be hard until you got to the center, and then all the gooey strawberry flavored stuff would ooze out. That was my favorite part. I would eat lots of them just so I could feel the flavor ooze out of the center.

All those memories came back to me when the candy jar at work was filled with these. I was overjoyed, ecstatic, reminiscent and like a little child all over again in my Grandpa Petersen's kitchen holding my hands out just waiting for a handful of my favorite candies from the candy tupperware.

Over the past months there have been many different brands of the strawberry candies (also known as bon bons) in the candy jar, but none of them were quite right until just recently. Arcor is the brand that produces these candies exactly as I remember them. I couldn't find exactly the source of these candies, but I think it's somewhere in South America.

When the candy jar no longer contains my favorite treat in the world, I'm going to order a whole bag just for myself.

2 comments:

  1. I used to love those, too!! Awesome. :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know how much those little treats COST? I couldn't believe it. Your boss must really like you (or she is from Latin America and smuggles them over the border)

    ReplyDelete