Thursday, March 19, 2009

This is the place

"Utah, people working together
Utah, what a great place to be
Blessed from Heaven above,
It's the land that I love,
This is the place!"

Remember in secondish grade when Utah was celebrating its birthday and all the school's put on an assembly to celebrate? I just heard some people singing this song outside my window. NOT JOKING. After weeks of practicing those songs I'm not surprised that they still know the words.

It brings back the good days of dressing up like pioneers and Indians and singing (horribly I should add) to my parents about my home state. I wonder if I could find that home video somewhere?! That would definitely be something to laugh about.

1 comment:

  1. So - is USU putting on that program? Maybe you should try out Whitney! Yes - I still have the video in the (dark) archives... And you were darling - but I can't remember if you were a pioneer or an Indian?

    ReplyDelete