Sunday, March 8, 2009

Crying Over Silly Things...

Today was a sad day. I broke my mom's favorite pitcher. It was one of my favorites too... it's been in my life for as long as I can remember. It's been at every family dinner and special event in my life.

I was drying it and it slipped out of my hands and hit the counter really hard. It didn't shatter, but it cracked. I wanted to cry. Actually I did cry. As I took it out to the trash, a couple tears escaped from my eyes.

Later, after the party was over and everyone had gone home, I fished it out of the trash because I had to take some pictures of it.





I know it seems silly to cry over a pitcher, but I loved that pitcher. I've never seen another pitcher like it. The handle doesn't connect on the top, it's only connected on the bottom. That's why I love it. It's unique.

Everywhere I go, I'll look for another pitcher like that. If I find it, I'll buy two... one for me, and one to replace the one I broke.

3 comments:

  1. It's not silly to cry over it. The little details are what make our lives complete. :] I will also keep an eye out for pitchers like this...just for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I broke my mother-in-laws favorite pitcher a few years ago! I didn't cry (shocker for me I know)- but I felt awful! I think I bought her a new one for Mother's Day... I'll be looking for another pitcher for you and Mom too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whitney - I LOVE your blog - you have such a fun style of writing. Keep it up - it's fun to see things from YOUR angle.

    ReplyDelete