Monday, March 9, 2009

My Little Ball of Fur

Kip, Kippy, Kipper-Puppy, etc. Kipper makes everything more exciting. He is my full grown, 4 year old, 5 pound Yorkshire Terrier. For being such a small dog, he has the biggest attitude.

He has always barked at the doorbell and just recently he's decided to bark at the phone too. Whenever someone gets home he barks until he's been acknowledged. Not just "Hey Kipper!" But, you have to sit on the floor and rub his tummy.

When the family watches a movie he sits with the person that's NOT trying to get him to sit by them.

He cuddles up in the smallest ball possible in the spot that you don't want him to sit in. He'll sit in your lap when you're working on your laptop.

He licks everything. It gets annoying.

If you touch my little brother he freaks out. He's very protective of him. They're best friends.

When he wants to play he'll stick his bone in his mouth and get really close to your hand or your face so that you'll try to take it.

If you gasp or open your eyes really wide he'll tense up and get ready to pounce.

He gets really scared if you say the word "bath". He'll flatten his body and run to his bed.

I don't know why I decided to write about my dog... probably because he's cuddled up on my lap pretending to be asleep.
He loves going outside. If you even mention the word "outside" he starts barking and heading toward the door.

He's terrified of the car. We don't take him in the car often. Only to go to the groomer, the vet, and to be boarded. He starts shaking like a leaf and whining uncontrollably. He's calmest on the driver's lap.

When we leave the house he cuddles up in my little brother's shoes, shorts or blanket. He likes my brother a lot.

2 comments:

  1. Reading your post about Kipper made me miss him a lot! He is part of the family - silly little dog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Whitney - you nailed it on Kipper... He has such a "little-big-man" attitude. How did you get him to sit so pretty for you? I'll bet you bribed him with a chewy!?

    ReplyDelete